The Nail Knot is the most effective way to tie any size leader to your fly line. It is a smooth secure knot that easily passes in and out of your rod guides. With this knot, the harder you pull, the better it grips and holds.
1. Place tool in palm of either hand and grasp lightly with fingers. Place thumb on Thumb pad. The tip should be in perfect focus.
2. Place leader between guide through channel and tip slot so that the line extends approximately 5 inches beyond tip. Use thumb to hold line over pad.
3. Pull short line downward into slot and wrap a tight coil of 4 to 5 turns. Wrap back around tyer tip towards thumb using forefinger to hold turns in place.
4. From the thumb side, thread short line back into channel under all turns and out through the slotted tip.
5. Insert fly line under wraps and give tag end a light jerk. This causes knot to slide off tyer onto fly line. Inspect and adjust wraps before tightening knot completely. Trim off excess line and leader.